-   -   countif criteria sg (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/201588-countif-criteria-sg.html)

Fred Loh

countif criteria sg

i have a column (column B) of cells with numbers in the cells. i want to
count for. example, how many cells have a number between 12 and 29. i used
=countif(B:B,"=12 and <=29") but it did not work. =countif(B:B,"=12,<=29")
also did not work. what is the correct syntax for the criteria in the
formula?

thanks for your help
fred

Gary''s Student

countif criteria sg

=COUNTIF(B:B,"<30")-COUNTIF(B:B,"<12")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200802

Don Guillett

countif criteria sg

try
=sumproduct((b2:b22=12)*(b2:b22<=29))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Fred Loh" wrote in message
i have a column (column B) of cells with numbers in the cells. i want to
count for. example, how many cells have a number between 12 and 29. i used
=countif(B:B,"=12 and <=29") but it did not work.
=countif(B:B,"=12,<=29")
also did not work. what is the correct syntax for the criteria in the
formula?

thanks for your help
fred

Teethless mama

countif criteria sg

=SUM(COUNTIF(B:B,{"=12","29"})*{1,-1})

"Fred Loh" wrote:

i have a column (column B) of cells with numbers in the cells. i want to
count for. example, how many cells have a number between 12 and 29. i used
=countif(B:B,"=12 and <=29") but it did not work. =countif(B:B,"=12,<=29")
also did not work. what is the correct syntax for the criteria in the
formula?

thanks for your help
fred

Fred Loh

countif criteria sg

thanks guys!

Gary's Student's solution works and the logic makes sense.

Teethless mama's solution also works but I don't understand why the need to
multiply {1,-1}

i can't get Don's solution to work. i have a "#NUM!" error.

Don Guillett

countif criteria sg

Sumproduct does not take full columns. Must use a range as I did a2:a???

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Fred Loh" wrote in message
thanks guys!

Gary's Student's solution works and the logic makes sense.

Teethless mama's solution also works but I don't understand why the need
multiply {1,-1}

i can't get Don's solution to work. i have a "#NUM!" error.

Fred Loh

countif criteria sg

It works! Thanks Don.

"Fred Loh" wrote in message
thanks guys!

Gary's Student's solution works and the logic makes sense.

Teethless mama's solution also works but I don't understand why the need
multiply {1,-1}

i can't get Don's solution to work. i have a "#NUM!" error.

Don Guillett

countif criteria sg

Glad to help

--