-   -   lookup specific value in a column and show it in a new cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/201382-lookup-specific-value-column-show-new-cell.html)

Piotr (Peter)[_2_]

lookup specific value in a column and show it in a new cell

Sorry but I couldn't find this. I need a formula that finds a date (shown as
text) 08 2008 in range e.g. A1:A100 and if found, this should be placed in a
new cell of other column. If not found then the cell should remain blank. I
have tried if function but didn't work for me.
Any help appreciated.
Piotr

Pete_UK

lookup specific value in a column and show it in a new cell

Put this in the cell where you want the result:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH("08 2008",A$1:A$100,0)),"","08 2008")

Of course, you could put 08 2008 in another cell, eg D1, then you can
have:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(D1,A$1:A$100,0)),"",D1)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 4, 9:23*pm, Piotr (Peter)
wrote:
Sorry but I couldn't find this. I need a formula that finds a date (shown as
text) 08 2008 in range e.g. A1:A100 and if found, this should be placed in a
new cell of other column. If not found then the cell should remain blank. I
have tried if function but didn't work for me.
Any help appreciated.
Piotr

Piotr (Peter)[_2_]

lookup specific value in a column and show it in a new cell

Hi,
Thanks Pete. Fantastic.Works like a charm:)

wrote:
Sorry but I couldn't find this. I need a formula that finds a date (shown as
text) 08 2008 in range e.g. A1:A100 and if found, this should be placed in a
new cell of other column. If not found then the cell should remain blank. I
have tried if function but didn't work for me.
Any help appreciated.
Piotr

Pete_UK

lookup specific value in a column and show it in a new cell

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

wrote:
Sorry but I couldn't find this. I need a formula that finds a date (shown as
text) 08 2008 in range e.g. A1:A100 and if found, this should be placed in a
new cell of other column. If not found then the cell should remain blank. I
have tried if function but didn't work for me.
Any help appreciated.
Piotr- Hide quoted text -