-   -   Unable to highlight an unprotected cell on a protected sheet. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/201299-unable-highlight-unprotected-cell-protected-sheet.html)

Del[_2_]

Unable to highlight an unprotected cell on a protected sheet.

I need to use a protected worksheet but need to use the highlight icon/button
when filling in the unprotected cells, however have been unable to find a way
of doing this.

I am using excel 2000.

Any help with this problem would be greatly received.
Del

Jmiller

Unable to highlight an unprotected cell on a protected sheet.

Hello,

You need to unprotect the sheet before you can use the highlight icon.