-   -   Cell Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/200899-cell-formatting.html)

TFMR

Cell Formatting

Dear All,

I have the time sheet, where one 2nd row is for date, 3rd row for day. 3rd
row is equal to 2nd row and I change the the 3rd row to "=text(a2,"DDD"),
then its return Sat or Sun. Here I applied the conditional formatting that If
a3 = Sat or Sun then then color change to red, otherwise Green.
Is it possible that if a3 color is red then a2 also change to red?

Per Jessen

Cell Formatting

Hi

You have to apply contitinal formatting to cell A2, where the condition
should be a formula to look at cell A3 with the same contitions as you
applied in A3

Hopes it helps

Regards,
Per

"TFMR" skrev i meddelelsen
Dear All,

I have the time sheet, where one 2nd row is for date, 3rd row for day. 3rd
row is equal to 2nd row and I change the the 3rd row to "=text(a2,"DDD"),
then its return Sat or Sun. Here I applied the conditional formatting that
If
a3 = Sat or Sun then then color change to red, otherwise Green.
Is it possible that if a3 color is red then a2 also change to red?

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Cell Formatting

Apply the same CF to A2 as to A3?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"TFMR" wrote in message
Dear All,

I have the time sheet, where one 2nd row is for date, 3rd row for day. 3rd
row is equal to 2nd row and I change the the 3rd row to "=text(a2,"DDD"),
then its return Sat or Sun. Here I applied the conditional formatting that
If
a3 = Sat or Sun then then color change to red, otherwise Green.
Is it possible that if a3 color is red then a2 also change to red?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Cell Formatting

Yes. Set Conditional Formatting, using Formula Is (not Cell Value Is), with
the condition =OR(A$3="Sat",A$3="Sun")
--
David Biddulph