-   -   Beginning of Year (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/200334-beginning-year.html)

Lucy

Beginning of Year

I'm nowhere near the technical level as most of you on this site, so I'm
hoping you can help me out.

Isn't there a formula you can enter in Excel that will return the first
calendar year of a year?

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: Beginning of Year

Pete_UK

Beginning of Year

Not sure what you mean - could you re-phrase?

Pete

On Aug 26, 10:53*pm, Lucy wrote:
I'm nowhere near the technical level as most of you on this site, so I'm
hoping you can help me out.

Isn't there a formula you can enter in Excel that will return the first
calendar year of a year?

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Beginning of Year

What do you mean by calendar year? If you have a date in A1 and you want the
first date of the same year you can use

=DATE(YEAR(A1),1,1)

format as date

Peo Sjoblom

"Lucy" wrote in message
I'm nowhere near the technical level as most of you on this site, so I'm
hoping you can help me out.

Isn't there a formula you can enter in Excel that will return the first
calendar year of a year?

Gary''s Student

Beginning of Year

Put a year in A1 and in A2, enter:

=DATE(A1,1,1) then format A2 as dddd to display:

Tuesday
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200801

"Lucy" wrote:

I'm nowhere near the technical level as most of you on this site, so I'm
hoping you can help me out.

Isn't there a formula you can enter in Excel that will return the first
calendar year of a year?

Lucy

Beginning of Year

Sorry, clarification: I have a date in the format (mm/dd/yyyy), say in cell
H4. I wish to enter a formula, say in cell G5, that would return 01/01/yyyy
of the year in cell H4. Is there such a formula?

"Lucy" wrote:

I'm nowhere near the technical level as most of you on this site, so I'm
hoping you can help me out.

Isn't there a formula you can enter in Excel that will return the first
calendar year of a year?

Pete_UK

Beginning of Year

Put this in G5:

=DATE(YEAR(H4),1,1)

Format the cell as you wish to see it.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Lucy" wrote:

I'm nowhere near the technical level as most of you on this site, so I'm
hoping you can help me out.

Isn't there a formula you can enter in Excel that will return the first
calendar year of a year?- Hide quoted text -

Lucy

Beginning of Year

Beautiful! Thank you.

"Lucy" wrote:

I'm nowhere near the technical level as most of you on this site, so I'm
hoping you can help me out.

Isn't there a formula you can enter in Excel that will return the first
calendar year of a year?- Hide quoted text -

Pete_UK

Beginning of Year

You're welcome, Lucy - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Aug 26, 11:51*pm, Lucy wrote:
Beautiful! Thank you.