-   -   Count range of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/200300-count-range-data.html)

Count if dates fall in certain range

Count range of data

I am trying to use the with a date and a range of cells with a count range.

=IF(f7:f117/31/08,COUNT(b7:b11),"") I am getting a value error. What I am
wanting my end result to show is if the dates within f7 to f11 are < 7/31/08
count how many invoices I have with an August date that are in the range of
B7:B11.

Should I use a between function?

Any help would be appreciated.

Don Guillett

Count range of data

Look at the COUNTIF function

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Count if dates fall in certain range" <Count if dates fall in certain
wrote in message
I am trying to use the with a date and a range of cells with a count
range.

=IF(f7:f117/31/08,COUNT(b7:b11),"") I am getting a value error. What I
am
wanting my end result to show is if the dates within f7 to f11 are <
7/31/08
count how many invoices I have with an August date that are in the range
of
B7:B11.

Should I use a between function?

Any help would be appreciated.

Spiky

Count range of data

On Aug 26, 3:26 pm, "Don Guillett" wrote:
Look at the COUNTIF function

And also...

You can't enter a date like that in a formula. The best way is to put
your limit date in a cell somewhere and reference it. Or you can use
DATE or DATEVALUE to put the date into the formula.