-   -   vlookup doesn't work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/199977-vlookup-doesnt-work.html)

mlhoward69

vlookup doesn't work

I am unable to do a vlookup between different workbooks. I does however work
within the same workbook. Is their something I need to do to turn this
functionality on.
--
Thanks
Michelle

L. Howard Kittle

vlookup doesn't work

It should work even if the other workbook is not open.

Your formula should look something like this if you used the other workbook
to form the formula;

=VLOOKUP(A1,[Book3]Sheet1!$A$1:$B$3,2,0)

and something like this if you closed the other workbook;

=VLOOKUP(A1,'C:\Documents and Settings\L. Howard Kittle\My
Documents\Howard\[Book3.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$3,2,0)

HTH
Regards,
Howard