-   -   SUMPRODUCT or COUNTIF (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/199933-sumproduct-countif.html)

Alexz

SUMPRODUCT or COUNTIF

I need to count the number of occurrences a number greater than zero apepars
under the "pts" heading; can't do anythiing about the formatting (as there
are actually two more sets of Mode/Pts/Date columns. This is for a commute
tracking log (for a regular work week-five days).

Mode Pts Date Mode Pts Date Mode Pts Date
PB 2 R 2 R 2
V 1 W 3 R 2
W 3 X 0 HV 1
B 3 W 3 X 0
C 1 W 3 B 3

Max

SUMPRODUCT or COUNTIF

Assuming points are in cols B, D, F
Maybe this suffices, in say H2:
=COUNTIF(B:B,"0")+COUNTIF(D:D,"0")+COUNTIF(F:F," 0")
--
Max
Singapore