-   -   EXCEL CELL MERGE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/199048-excel-cell-merge.html)

Patricia

EXCEL CELL MERGE

I am trying to merge multiple text cells and a date cell ...
So far, it won't let the data in the date cell show as a date, only as number.

Help!!

Glenn

EXCEL CELL MERGE

Patricia wrote:
I am trying to merge multiple text cells and a date cell ...
So far, it won't let the data in the date cell show as a date, only as number.

Help!!

You need the TEXT() worksheet function.

Something like this...

=H3&" "&TEXT(G3,"dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy")&" "&H4

Gord Dibben

EXCEL CELL MERGE

=A1&" "&B1&" "&TEXT(C1," mmm dd yyyy")

Assumes C1 has a valid date.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Patricia" wrote:

I am trying to merge multiple text cells and a date cell ...
So far, it won't let the data in the date cell show as a date, only as number.

Help!!

Thank you for the answers! You made me look like a whiz kid to my boss!!