-   -   Sum worksheets - w/o updating formula for new worksheets which are (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/199036-sum-worksheets-w-o-updating-formula-new-worksheets.html)

Elgee

Sum worksheets - w/o updating formula for new worksheets which are

Hi -
I know how to sum fields of various worksheets. However, can I set the
formula so that if a new worksheet is added, the formula will automatically
update to include the new worksheet? (Data in the same cell as other
worksheets.)

Thank you!!

Gary''s Student

Sum worksheets - w/o updating formula for new worksheets which are

Include two dummy sheets in our workbook, say alpha and omega. Make alpha
the first and omega the last. Sum from alpha thru omega. When you add a new
worksheet, just add it AFTER alpha.

This will insure that the new worksheet is between alpha and omega and will
be included in the sum
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200800

"Elgee" wrote:

Hi -
I know how to sum fields of various worksheets. However, can I set the
formula so that if a new worksheet is added, the formula will automatically
update to include the new worksheet? (Data in the same cell as other
worksheets.)

Thank you!!

Pete_UK

Sum worksheets - w/o updating formula for new worksheets whichare

If you have a blank worksheet named "first" and one named "last" and
position these so that they encompass the sheets you want to sum from
like a sandwich, they you can have a formula like:

=SUM(first:last!A1)

This will add all the A1 cells between and including those sheets. You
can move sheets into and out of the "sandwich" to model the effects of
these changes, and the formula remains the same.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 15, 4:42*pm, Elgee wrote:
Hi -
I know how to sum fields of various worksheets. *However, can I set the
formula so that if a new worksheet is added, the formula will automatically
update to include the new worksheet? *(Data in the same cell as other
worksheets.)

Thank you!!

Elgee

Sum worksheets - w/o updating formula for new worksheets which

MOST EXCELLENT!

Thank you!

On Aug 15, 4:42 pm, Elgee wrote:
Hi -
I know how to sum fields of various worksheets. However, can I set the
formula so that if a new worksheet is added, the formula will automatically
update to include the new worksheet? (Data in the same cell as other
worksheets.)

Thank you!!

Elgee

Sum worksheets - w/o updating formula for new worksheets which

FANTASTIC! Thank you!