-   -   WORKDAY (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/198644-workday.html)

Daniel Q.

WORKDAY

I'm trying to have Excel tell me if our Techs are taking too long for service
calls using conditional formatting. I have an xls that has the date a call
was made to us so one of our techs goes out to their home. We have up to 5
days to respond to a service call. (Since Conditional Formatting only allows
for 3 conditions this seems a bit tough for me) If enter today's date 8/12 i
want excel to hilight that row green for the next two days including today.
At the point when it becomes 3 to 4 days after i want it to highlight yellow
and when it becomes the last day to respond (5th day) i want it to highlight
red. i have a column where i will "X" if the job has been done; if it has i
want the conditional formatting to not do antyhing...are these too many
conditions?

Please help - Excel UNGURU

Daniel Q.

WORKDAY

One thing i forgot to mention these can only be weekdays.

"Daniel Q." wrote:

I'm trying to have Excel tell me if our Techs are taking too long for service
calls using conditional formatting. I have an xls that has the date a call
was made to us so one of our techs goes out to their home. We have up to 5
days to respond to a service call. (Since Conditional Formatting only allows
for 3 conditions this seems a bit tough for me) If enter today's date 8/12 i
want excel to hilight that row green for the next two days including today.
At the point when it becomes 3 to 4 days after i want it to highlight yellow
and when it becomes the last day to respond (5th day) i want it to highlight
red. i have a column where i will "X" if the job has been done; if it has i
want the conditional formatting to not do antyhing...are these too many
conditions?

Please help - Excel UNGURU

Bob Phillips

WORKDAY

Three conditions will do it

Condition 1 formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A4,TODAY())=5
Condition 2 formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A4,TODAY())=3
Condition 3 formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A4,TODAY())=1

--
HTH

Bob

"Daniel Q." wrote in message
[...]

Ron Rosenfeld

WORKDAY

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:26:22 +0100, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

Three conditions will do it

Condition 1 formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A4,TODAY())=5
Condition 2 formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A4,TODAY())=3
Condition 3 formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A4,TODAY())=1

--
HTH

Bob

Bob,

Will NETWORKDAYS work in conditional formatting in pre-2007 versions?
--ron

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

WORKDAY

No you cannot, however one could put these 3 formulas somewhere off the
visible sheet like in IV1:IV3 or wherever
then use formula is and

condition1 =$IV$1
condition2 =$IV$2
condition3 =$IV$3

then it will work

Peo Sjoblom

wrote:

Three conditions will do it

Condition 1 formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A4,TODAY())=5
Condition 2 formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A4,TODAY())=3
Condition 3 formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A4,TODAY())=1

--
HTH

Bob

Bob,

Will NETWORKDAYS work in conditional formatting in pre-2007 versions?
--ron

John C[_2_]

WORKDAY

I have xl2003, and NETWORKDAYS does not work in conditional formatting.
--
John C

wrote:

Three conditions will do it

Condition 1 formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A4,TODAY())=5
Condition 2 formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A4,TODAY())=3
Condition 3 formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A4,TODAY())=1

--
HTH

Bob

Bob,

Will NETWORKDAYS work in conditional formatting in pre-2007 versions?
--ron

John C[_2_]

WORKDAY

Condition1(red):
Formula is: =AND($B4<"x",(TODAY-$A4-2*(WEEKDAY($A4)2))4)
Condition2(yellow):
Formula is: =AND($B4<"x",(TODAY-$A4-2*(WEEKDAY($A4)3))2)
Condition3(green):
=$B4<"x"

This assumes column A is the date of the service call, and column B is the
column where an x is entered if the service call is complete. It also assumes
that first row of service call data is row 4.

--
John C