-   -   In Need of proper conditional formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/198641-need-proper-conditional-formula.html)

tech1NJ

In Need of proper conditional formula

I'm in need of desperate help with this one.

I need to add the total of column B based on the information in column C.
Cells C21 to C46 each reference a list which contains several hundred product
names.

For example: The list has names like wire1, wire2, wire3, v1wire1, v1wire2,
v2-u-1wire1,v2-u-1wire2, v2-u-wire3, etc.

I would like to only sum those cells in columm B when the cells in column C
matches those parts that start with v2-u-.
Everyones prompts solution / response to this is greatly appreciated.

--
tech1NJ

Dave Peterson

In Need of proper conditional formula

=sumif(c:c,"v2-u-*",b:b)

=sumif(), =countif() both accept wildcards.