-   -   Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/19846-formulas.html)

AllenCountyJones

Formulas

Using Excel 2003 - I have my payroll set up on Excel. I'm wanting to set up
a formula that will automatically salary adjust the individual's gross amount
up to a certain amount. Say the individual works 72 hours in a two week
period, but is paid for 80 hours no matter what hours he/she worked. Example:
He/she worked 64 hours regular and took 8 hours personal time(72 hours). I
have a column set up for each work function in hours and amounts for
regular, vacation, sick, personal time. I want to add those column amounts
together and if they don't sum up to 80 hours worth of pay I want to show the
salary adjustment (in it's own column) needed to bring it up to the 80 hour
amount.

Is there a formula?

Gary Brown

=if(regular + vacation + sick + personal time < 80,80 - (regular + vacation +
sick + personal time),0)
HTH,
Gary Brown