-   -   Splitting contents of a cell from one column into 2 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/198444-splitting-contents-cell-one-column-into-2-a.html)

Gloria[_2_]

Splitting contents of a cell from one column into 2

I have a set of numbers in rows, e.g., 56887 in 1 row, 95886 in another, etc.
and I want to only show the last 4 digits of each cell in a separate column.
I know there's a way you can split them up but it's been a long time since
I've done this. I am working in Excel 2002, 2003.

Thanks,
--
Gloria

Teethless mama

Splitting contents of a cell from one column into 2

=--RIGHT(A1,4)
copy down