Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I transpose nXm matrix to mXn Matrix

How can I transpose nXm matrix to mXn Matrix.

ie) Want to convert nXm Matrix 2 mXn matrix.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 03:06:11 -0700, MIHir
wrote:

How can I transpose nXm matrix to mXn Matrix.

ie) Want to convert nXm Matrix 2 mXn matrix.

Have a look at the TRANSPOSE function.

If your nxm matrix is has its upper left corner in cell A1,
select a mxn cells in some other of the worksheet and enter the
formula

=TRANSPOSE(OFFSET(A1,0,0,n,m))

or e.g.

=TRANSPOSE(A1:E3) (if n=3 and m=5)

Note: This is an array formula that has to be entered with
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than just ENTER

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try,

Select the range and copy it.

Select a cell where the new matrix is to go and then
Edit|Paste special
Select Transpose
Click OK

Mike