-   -   data analysis/comparison (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/197275-re-data-analysis-comparison.html)

Spiky

data analysis/comparison

If comparing to a theoretically identical layout of the same data, I
always just use AND since it is easy to type quick and gives basic
true/false response.
=AND(A1=Sheet2!A1)

Copy where needed.

David Biddulph[_2_]

data analysis/comparison

Why the AND?
What is different from just =(A1=Sheet2!A1) ?
--
David Biddulph

"Spiky" wrote in message
If comparing to a theoretically identical layout of the same data, I
always just use AND since it is easy to type quick and gives basic
true/false response.
=AND(A1=Sheet2!A1)

Copy where needed.

SteveDB1

data analysis/comparison

Thanks Spiky,
I found my solution.
BEst.

"Spiky" wrote:

If comparing to a theoretically identical layout of the same data, I
always just use AND since it is easy to type quick and gives basic
true/false response.
=AND(A1=Sheet2!A1)

Copy where needed.

Spiky

data analysis/comparison

Good point.

About half the time I do this sort of check, it has multiple arguments
and needs AND. Maybe I just carry it over from that.