-   -   Using Indirect Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/19723-using-indirect-function.html)

Pester

Using Indirect Function

When using the Indirect function, how do I look for a tab or sheet that is in
a different Excell file. In this case,

INDIRECT(A4&"!b5") if in AR4, summary is typed then the formula will
look for the value that is in b5 from the summary Tab or sheet. but what if I
am interested in a Tab that is in a different file?

Pester

Dave Peterson

The bad news is =indirect() won't work with closed files.

Will that other workbook be open?

If no, then maybe you could use a userdefined function created by Harlan Grove:
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=sH...wsranger. com

--

Dave Peterson