-   -   Counting time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/197032-counting-time.html)

Lisa

Counting time

Hello,

I have a table with 'time to event' in column B - i.e 20 weeks (doesn't have
to be weeks)
In column C i would like to calculate the actual DATE from information in
col B.

Assume i have put the date of event in A1 as 25/12/08
So above example should provide answer of 7/08/08
help!

vsoler

Counting time

On Jul 31, 7:24*am, Lisa wrote:
Hello,

I have a table with 'time to event' in column B - i.e 20 weeks (doesn't have
to be weeks)
In column C i would like to calculate the actual DATE from information in
col B.

Assume i have put the date of event in A1 as 25/12/08
So above example should provide answer of 7/08/08
help!

Use in C1: =A1+B1*7 format the result as a date

Regards

David Biddulph[_2_]

Counting time

Excel measures dates in units of 1 day, so =A12-(20*7) and format as date.
--
David Biddulph

"Lisa" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a table with 'time to event' in column B - i.e 20 weeks (doesn't
have
to be weeks)
In column C i would like to calculate the actual DATE from information in
col B.

Assume i have put the date of event in A1 as 25/12/08
So above example should provide answer of 7/08/08
help!

Lisa

Counting time

Ah, easy! i should have worked that one out myself
thank you