-   -   Fill color with if function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/196890-fill-color-if-function.html)

Maz

Fill color with if function

Hi.
I want to fill a cell with some color based on the value in other cell.
if a24 then a1 is blue.
Can anyone help me?
thanks

Mike H

Fill color with if function

Hi,

Use conditional formatting.
Select A1 then
Format|Conditional Formatting
Formula is
Enter the formula =A24
Pick you colour
OK

Mike

"maz" wrote:

Hi.
I want to fill a cell with some color based on the value in other cell.
if a24 then a1 is blue.
Can anyone help me?
thanks

Pete_UK

Fill color with if function

You use conditional formatting to do this. Select A1, then click on
Format | Conditional Formatting and in the dialogue box select Formula
Is rather than Cell Value Is. Enter this formula:

=A24

Then click the Format button, then the Patterns tab (for background
colours) and choose your colour. OK your way out.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 30, 12:07*pm, maz wrote:
Hi.
I want to fill a cell with some color based on the value in other cell.
if a24 then a1 is *blue.
Can anyone help me?
thanks

L N

Fill Color with if function

I have a similar situation only I have 4 columns that I need all to be greater then 3 and then fill color to be used in my rank column. Is this possible?