-   -   Lowest two values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/196664-lowest-two-values.html)

Muz

Lowest two values

Hi
I am trying to write a formula using the two lowest numbers from a selection
where say x=lowest and y=second lowest

=x+y

any suggestions?

ps. x and y may sometimes be the same number

Pete_UK

Lowest two values

Try this:

=SMALL(range,1)+SMALL(range,2)

Fill in your range of cells.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 29, 12:43*am, Muz wrote:
Hi
I am trying to write a formula using the two lowest numbers from a selection
where say x=lowest and y=second lowest

=x+y

any suggestions?

ps. x and y may sometimes be the same number

Infinitogool

Lowest two values

Hi Muz

Try:
=SUMPRODUCT(SMALL(range,{1,2}))

Regards,
Pedro J.

Hi
I am trying to write a formula using the two lowest numbers from a selection
where say x=lowest and y=second lowest

=x+y

any suggestions?

ps. x and y may sometimes be the same number

RagDyeR

Lowest two values

Check answers to your post in the misc. group.

Please don't multi-post!

RD

"Muz" wrote in message
Hi
I am trying to write a formula using the two lowest numbers from a
selection
where say x=lowest and y=second lowest

=x+y

any suggestions?

ps. x and y may sometimes be the same number

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Lowest two values

Don't need SP< SUM is sufficient

=SUM(SMALL(rng,{1,2}))