-   -   sumif range of varying size (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/19661-sumif-range-varying-size.html)

KM01

sumif range of varying size

how do I sum a column which always starts in the same place but the end row
varies? I have the row number of the end row held elsewhere in the
spreadsheet but don't know how to incorporate it into the sumif formula.

Peo Sjoblom

One way

=SUM($A$1:INDEX(A:A,D1))

where A1 is the first row and D1 holds the last row number

Peo Sjoblom

"KM01" wrote in message
how do I sum a column which always starts in the same place but the end
row
varies? I have the row number of the end row held elsewhere in the
spreadsheet but don't know how to incorporate it into the sumif formula.

KM01

It worked - many thanks

Kate