-   -   Opening two excel worksheets with dual monitors. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/19641-opening-two-excel-worksheets-dual-monitors.html)

Brian Finnerty

Opening two excel worksheets with dual monitors.

I have dual monitors and want to know if there is a way to
open two different excel worksheets and be able to view
each worksheet: one on the left monitor, the other on the
right so I can compare without toggling back and forth
when using the arrange feature.

Dave Peterson

Try opening two different instances of excel.

start the first normally, but start the second via:
windows start button|run
excel

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Ps. When you have two different instances of excel running, copying between
them doesn't behave the same way as two workbooks in one instance.