-   -   how do I write a formula to round up a number? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/19639-how-do-i-write-formula-round-up-number.html)

Barbie

how do I write a formula to round up a number?

I want to write a formula that will allow me to multiply a currency number by
9 and then round the number up so that it ends in 9. For example, $56.50 x 9
= $508.50 and then round it up to be $509 (no decimals needed). Thanks so
much for your help.

Jason Morin

Try:

=ROUNDUP(A1*9+1,-1)-1

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I want to write a formula that will allow me to multiply

a currency number by
9 and then round the number up so that it ends in 9.

For example, $56.50 x 9
= $508.50 and then round it up to be $509 (no decimals

needed). Thanks so
much for your help.
.

barbarellajk

"Jason Morin" wrote:

Try:

=ROUNDUP(A1*9+1,-1)-1

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I want to write a formula that will allow me to multiply

a currency number by
9 and then round the number up so that it ends in 9.

For example, $56.50 x 9
= $508.50 and then round it up to be $509 (no decimals

needed). Thanks so
much for your help.
.

barbarellajk

Hi Jason,

Works great... You rock! You have saved us so much time and eliminated a
lot of angst.

Barbie & Andrea

"Jason Morin" wrote:

Try: