-   -   Shared Document & Hyperlinks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/196311-shared-document-hyperlinks.html)

chickalina

Shared Document & Hyperlinks

I have a shared document that I would like to have a Hyperlink in one of the
cells. This would enable any user to see supporting documentation without
emailing everyone. This option is grayed out on the menu. Any ideas?
Thanks for any help in advance.

Mike H

Shared Document & Hyperlinks

Hi,

Unshare. Create your Hyperlink and then re-share.

Mike

"chickalina" wrote:

I have a shared document that I would like to have a Hyperlink in one of the
cells. This would enable any user to see supporting documentation without
emailing everyone. This option is grayed out on the menu. Any ideas?
Thanks for any help in advance.

chickalina

Shared Document & Hyperlinks

I realize I should have been more clear.
I knew that, but the document is shared between anywhere from 2 - 12 people
at a given time, so they can't just be booted out. It's quite often that
someone has to hyperlink to a document. Anything else I can try?

"chickalina" wrote:

I have a shared document that I would like to have a Hyperlink in one of the
cells. This would enable any user to see supporting documentation without
emailing everyone. This option is grayed out on the menu. Any ideas?
Thanks for any help in advance.

Dave Peterson

Shared Document & Hyperlinks

Try using the =hyperlink() worksheet function:

=hyperlink("file:////n:\somefolder\somefile.doc","Click me")

(untested!)

--

Dave Peterson

Mike H

Shared Document & Hyperlinks

Sadly none.

If you have a look in Help for shared woorkbooks in the 'Features Not
Available' section then Microsoft simply note it isn't available and I'm not
sure why but there must be a sound reason.

Mike

"chickalina" wrote:

I have a shared document that I would like to have a Hyperlink in one of the
cells. This would enable any user to see supporting documentation without
emailing everyone. This option is grayed out on the menu. Any ideas?
Thanks for any help in advance.

chickalina

Shared Document & Hyperlinks

Thanks for checking Mike.... at least I have an answer!