-   -   VLOOKUP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/196209-vlookup.html)

citygirl

VLOOKUP

How can I stop the table-array from changing when I drag-copy VLOOKUP down a
sheet.

Gary''s Student

VLOOKUP

Use $ in the table array address
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007j

"citygirl" wrote:

How can I stop the table-array from changing when I drag-copy VLOOKUP down a
sheet.

Gord Dibben

VLOOKUP

Either use $ signs like $A$1:$D$52

Or give the range a defined name like TheTable through InsertNameDefine

Then the formula would be =VLOOKUP(G1,TheTable,2,FALSE)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP