-   -   Excel 2000 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/196135-excel-2000-a.html)

Jay Singh

Excel 2000

Does Excel 2000 support Importing XML Data? If yes, how do I activate the
function the function?

Pete_UK

Excel 2000

No, I think this was introduced in Excel 2003.

What I did when receiving some files in this format was to rename the
extension to .hml and then open within Internet Explorer by double-
clicking. From there I could use File | Save As to save the file
as .TXT, which I could then put into Notepad to tidy it up further.
Saving the file as .txt again enabled me to import it into Excel in
the format I required. Is .XML meant to be an improvement?

Hope this helps.

Pete