Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ML ML is offline

Default Summary help!

I have a data sheet looking like this...

Unit Date Q1 Q2 Q3
2SE 7/2/08 Y Y Y
2SE 7/2/08 N Y Y
2W 7/2/08 Y Y N
4N 7/2/08 N Y Y

I want to set up a summary sheet that calculates the total of "Y" for each
question by Unit. Can someone help?

Thanks,
ml
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With the Units in Column A of Sheet2 try:

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$2:$A$5=A2)*(Sheet1!$C$2:$C$ 5="Y"))

for Q1. Adjust as required for Q2 etc.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"ml" wrote in message
I have a data sheet looking like this...

Unit Date Q1 Q2 Q3
2SE 7/2/08 Y Y Y
2SE 7/2/08 N Y Y
2W 7/2/08 Y Y N
4N 7/2/08 N Y Y

I want to set up a summary sheet that calculates the total of "Y" for each
question by Unit. Can someone help?

Thanks,
ml

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ML ML is offline

Thank you so much for your help! I have one more question...

Unit Date Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
2SE 7/2/08 Y Y Y Y
2SE 7/2/08 N Y Y
2W 7/2/08 Y Y N N
4N 7/2/08 N Y Y

If I want to calculate % of Y for Q4 using your suggested formula. Using
"2" as my denominator (since I only have 2 answers), how do I do that?

Thank you a bunch!
ml