-   -   if statement syntax help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/196022-if-statement-syntax-help.html)

OfficeManager

if statement syntax help

I have been reading a lot about conditional formatting. I have cells in D2
that I want highlighted in yellow if g25 and i269%. If g2 and i2 do not
both meet the criteria, I don't want anything to happen to d2. I'm assuming
I can use conditional formating for that, but how do I write it?

M Kan

if statement syntax help

In the conditional formatting wizard, select Formula Is and enter:

=AND(G25,I269%)=TRUE
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

"OfficeManager" wrote:

I have been reading a lot about conditional formatting. I have cells in D2
that I want highlighted in yellow if g25 and i269%. If g2 and i2 do not
both meet the criteria, I don't want anything to happen to d2. I'm assuming
I can use conditional formating for that, but how do I write it?

Mike H

if statement syntax help

No need for =True on the end

=AND(G25,I269%)

Works fine

Mike

"OfficeManager" wrote:

I have been reading a lot about conditional formatting. I have cells in D2
that I want highlighted in yellow if g25 and i269%. If g2 and i2 do not
both meet the criteria, I don't want anything to happen to d2. I'm assuming
I can use conditional formating for that, but how do I write it?

T. Valko

if statement syntax help

Try this...

Select cell D2
Goto the menu FormatConditional formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the little box on the right:

=AND(COUNT(G2,I2)=2,G25,I269%)

Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"OfficeManager" wrote in message
I have been reading a lot about conditional formatting. I have cells in D2
that I want highlighted in yellow if g25 and i269%. If g2 and i2 do not
both meet the criteria, I don't want anything to happen to d2. I'm
assuming
I can use conditional formating for that, but how do I write it?

OfficeManager

if statement syntax help

Thanks so much. Now, can I count all the cells in column D that have the
conditional formatting of a yellow cell?

"OfficeManager" wrote:

I have been reading a lot about conditional formatting. I have cells in D2
that I want highlighted in yellow if g25 and i269%. If g2 and i2 do not
both meet the criteria, I don't want anything to happen to d2. I'm assuming
I can use conditional formating for that, but how do I write it?

David Biddulph[_2_]

if statement syntax help

=sumproduct((G2:G1005)*(I2:I10069%))
--
David Biddulph

"OfficeManager" wrote:

I have been reading a lot about conditional formatting. I have cells
in D2
that I want highlighted in yellow if g25 and i269%. If g2 and i2 do
not
both meet the criteria, I don't want anything to happen to d2. I'm
assuming
I can use conditional formating for that, but how do I write it?

Mike H

if statement syntax help

Hi,

Counting cells coloured with a conditional format isn't easy but the subject
is covered in depth here.

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFConditions.html

If that proves a bit overwhelming then you can count the conditions that set
the conditional format which has the same effect. For example

=SUMPRODUCT((G2:G235)*(I2:I2369%))

Would count that range where both conditions were met on each row.

Mike