-   -   Autofill reference formula but repeating n times before incrementi (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/195738-autofill-reference-formula-but-repeating-n-times-before-incrementi.html)

Anton[_2_]

Autofill reference formula but repeating n times before incrementi

I have one sheet with Col A having 100 numberic values (Item Numbers)
In my second sheet, I have 7 rows with variable data in Col A to Col E.
I need these 7 rows to repeat for each of the values in sheet 1 (adding the
value of the Item Number into Col F).
I.e. have the 7 rows with value of Sheet1!A1 in Col F then repeat the same 7
rows, but this time have the value of Sheet1!A2 in Col F.
Ending up with 700 rows (7 for each Item Number)
I want to drag the row values down, having autofill increment the cell
reference to Sheet 1 only after every 7th row.
Is this possible?

T. Valko

Autofill reference formula but repeating n times before incrementi

Try something like this:

=INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,CEILING(ROWS(A$1:A1)/7,1))

This will repeat the value of Sheet1 A1 7 times then
Sheet1 A2 7 times then
Sheet1 A3 7 times then
Sheet1 A4 7 times then
Sheet1 A5 7 times then
etc
etc

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Anton" wrote in message
I have one sheet with Col A having 100 numberic values (Item Numbers)
In my second sheet, I have 7 rows with variable data in Col A to Col E.
I need these 7 rows to repeat for each of the values in sheet 1 (adding
the
value of the Item Number into Col F).
I.e. have the 7 rows with value of Sheet1!A1 in Col F then repeat the same
7
rows, but this time have the value of Sheet1!A2 in Col F.
Ending up with 700 rows (7 for each Item Number)
I want to drag the row values down, having autofill increment the cell
reference to Sheet 1 only after every 7th row.
Is this possible?

RagDyeR

Autofill reference formula but repeating n times before incrementi

Another way, with one less function call:

=INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,ROWS($1:7)/7)

RD

"Anton" wrote in message
I have one sheet with Col A having 100 numberic values (Item Numbers)
In my second sheet, I have 7 rows with variable data in Col A to Col E.
I need these 7 rows to repeat for each of the values in sheet 1 (adding
the
value of the Item Number into Col F).
I.e. have the 7 rows with value of Sheet1!A1 in Col F then repeat the same
7
rows, but this time have the value of Sheet1!A2 in Col F.
Ending up with 700 rows (7 for each Item Number)
I want to drag the row values down, having autofill increment the cell
reference to Sheet 1 only after every 7th row.
Is this possible?

Anton[_2_]

Autofill reference formula but repeating n times before increm

Absolutely brilliant - Both you guys!

Fanx a lot!

"Anton" wrote in message
I have one sheet with Col A having 100 numberic values (Item Numbers)
In my second sheet, I have 7 rows with variable data in Col A to Col E.
I need these 7 rows to repeat for each of the values in sheet 1 (adding
the
value of the Item Number into Col F).
I.e. have the 7 rows with value of Sheet1!A1 in Col F then repeat the same
7
rows, but this time have the value of Sheet1!A2 in Col F.
Ending up with 700 rows (7 for each Item Number)
I want to drag the row values down, having autofill increment the cell
reference to Sheet 1 only after every 7th row.
Is this possible?

RagDyeR

Autofill reference formula but repeating n times before increm

And we appreciate the feed-back.

RD