-   -   rounding to closest 5 cents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/19571-rounding-closest-5-cents.html)

lk

rounding to closest 5 cents

I am using Excel 2003

How do you round the contents of a cell to the closest five cents.

Thanks
lk

CLR

=MROUND(A1,0.05)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"lk" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003

How do you round the contents of a cell to the closest five cents.

Thanks
lk

Bob Phillips

=ROUND(C10*20,0)/20

--

HTH

RP

"lk" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003

How do you round the contents of a cell to the closest five cents.

Thanks
lk

lk

When I try to use this function I get the error "#NAME?"
lk

"CLR" wrote in message
=MROUND(A1,0.05)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"lk" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003

How do you round the contents of a cell to the closest five cents.

Thanks
lk

lk

Thanks "CLR" it works I needed to install the analysis toolpack
lk

"lk" wrote in message
When I try to use this function I get the error "#NAME?"
lk

"CLR" wrote in message
=MROUND(A1,0.05)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"lk" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003

How do you round the contents of a cell to the closest five cents.

Thanks
lk

Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:36:12 +1000, "lk" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003

How do you round the contents of a cell to the closest five cents.

Thanks
lk

If you have the Analysis ToolPack installed:

=mround(A1,0.05)

If you do NOT have the ATP installed:

=ROUND(A1/0.05,0)*0.05

--ron