-   -   LIST OF THE NUMBERS, AND HOW MANY TIMES THEY REPEAT? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/195463-list-numbers-how-many-times-they-repeat.html)

dperalta

LIST OF THE NUMBERS, AND HOW MANY TIMES THEY REPEAT?

I GOT A COLUMN WITH A LIST OF ZIPCODES. I NEED TO GET A LIST OF EACH ZIPCODE
AND HOW MANY TIMES ITS REPEATED IN THE COLUMN? FIRST ZIPCODE IS A2, AND THE
LAST IS A4464. LONG LIST ESPECIALLY IF I HAVE TO DO IT MANUALLY...

M Kan

LIST OF THE NUMBERS, AND HOW MANY TIMES THEY REPEAT?

Run a quick pivot table on the column using the zip code in the Row column
and Count of Zip code in the Data area.
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

"dperalta" wrote:

I GOT A COLUMN WITH A LIST OF ZIPCODES. I NEED TO GET A LIST OF EACH ZIPCODE
AND HOW MANY TIMES ITS REPEATED IN THE COLUMN? FIRST ZIPCODE IS A2, AND THE
LAST IS A4464. LONG LIST ESPECIALLY IF I HAVE TO DO IT MANUALLY...

dperalta

LIST OF THE NUMBERS, AND HOW MANY TIMES THEY REPEAT?

Where would i get the "count of zip code"....?

"dperalta" wrote:

I GOT A COLUMN WITH A LIST OF ZIPCODES. I NEED TO GET A LIST OF EACH ZIPCODE
AND HOW MANY TIMES ITS REPEATED IN THE COLUMN? FIRST ZIPCODE IS A2, AND THE
LAST IS A4464. LONG LIST ESPECIALLY IF I HAVE TO DO IT MANUALLY...

M Kan

LIST OF THE NUMBERS, AND HOW MANY TIMES THEY REPEAT?

I'm assuming you know how to generate a pivot table, if not:
http://www.kan.org/tips/excel_pivot_table_basic.php

When you're in the layout view, drag the Zip Code field into both the row
and data areas. In the data area, it might default to Sum of Zip Code.
Double click it and select Summarize by Count