-   -   worksheet functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/195384-worksheet-functions.html)

Nkumar

worksheet functions

In a worksheet I have two types of account numbers. One having eleven digits
and other having less than elelven digits. I have to insert a function to
get "CBS" in the next cell right to the account number having eleven digits
and "BOS" against the other account numbers. Please help me as I am an
intermediate in this works

yshridhar

worksheet functions

Account number is in column A
b1=if(len(a1)=11,"CBS","BOS")
Change the cell range accordingly
Best wishes
Sreedhar

"Nkumar" wrote:

In a worksheet I have two types of account numbers. One having eleven digits
and other having less than elelven digits. I have to insert a function to
get "CBS" in the next cell right to the account number having eleven digits
and "BOS" against the other account numbers. Please help me as I am an
intermediate in this works

Stefi

worksheet functions

What are CBS and BOS and what are the rules to generate them. It's not
obvious for everybody?

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Nkumar€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

In a worksheet I have two types of account numbers. One having eleven digits
and other having less than elelven digits. I have to insert a function to
get "CBS" in the next cell right to the account number having eleven digits
and "BOS" against the other account numbers. Please help me as I am an
intermediate in this works

Jarek Kujawa[_2_]

worksheet functions

....and what is the format of account numbers?
if it's a straight number then maybe the following would suit better:
b1=if(and(isnumber(a1),len(a1)=11),"CBS","BOS")

Stefi

worksheet functions

Well, I see now that they are simple strings.
Stefi

€˛yshridhar€¯ ezt Ć*rta: