-   -   Adding Work Days only in a function? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/19530-adding-work-days-only-function.html)

Mark

Adding Work Days only in a function?

How would you advise going about the following.

I have a column for project start dates. I have another column indicating
duration for the project in terms of work days. How would you calculate the
end date? Adding the duration would not account for weekend? Thoughts?

Jason Morin

Use the NETWORKDAYS worksheet function. Make sure the
Analysis ToolPak is installed under Tools Add-Ins. See
XL help file.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

How would you advise going about the following.

I have a column for project start dates. I have another

column indicating
duration for the project in terms of work days. How

would you calculate the
end date? Adding the duration would not account for

weekend? Thoughts?
.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:09:02 -0800, "Mark"
wrote:

How would you advise going about the following.

I have a column for project start dates. I have another column indicating
duration for the project in terms of work days. How would you calculate the
end date? Adding the duration would not account for weekend? Thoughts?

=WORKDAY(start_date, duration, holidays)

Holidays is an optional range of holiday dates.

If the WORKDAY function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install
and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

How?

On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click
OK.
If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.

--ron

Robert

Thank you Ron Rosenfeld. I was waiting to ask for
this formula.

RobertR

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:11:04 -0800, Robert
wrote:

Thank you Ron Rosenfeld. I was waiting to ask for
this formula.

RobertR

You're welcome. Look in HELP for further details of the function.

--ron