-   -   PERCENTILE exceeding 8191 points (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/194771-percentile-exceeding-8191-points.html)

mtrain32000

PERCENTILE exceeding 8191 points

The excel 2003 SP2 "help" for the percentile function says that percentile
does not support more than 8191 data points. It says that it will return
#NUM! if the array is empty or contains more than 8191. I just calculated
percentile with 10,294 data points [ =PERCENTILE(G1:G10294,0.95) ] , and I
normally perform similar calculations every week. Why does this work for me
when Microsoft says it shouldn't? I've also seen similar comments on the
internet describing the same thing.

Bernard Liengme

PERCENTILE exceeding 8191 points

It worked for me also. It would seem that Help and the MS Knowledge Base
page are wrong in this matter
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme