-   -   Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/194733-formulas.html)

Dinesh

Formulas

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me how to hide formulas on a worksheet that is used by
several users to update.

John C[_2_]

Formulas

The easiest way is through sheet protection. You first have to unlock all the
cells the users will need access to (select the cells, go to format--cells,
o to the protection tab, and uncheck the Locked box. Then, for all the cells
that you want to 'hide' the formulas, select those and check the hidden box.
Then protect the sheet, with password (otherwise the user could just
unprotect).
--
John C

"Dinesh" wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me how to hide formulas on a worksheet that is used by
several users to update.

Gary Brown[_4_]

Formulas

Other options are...
- You could hide the row and/or column with the formulas.
- You could format the formula cells to have a white font. White foreground
on White background makes the formulas invisible unless the client
specifically goes to that cell and looks at the Formula Bar.
--
Hope this helps.
If this post was helpfull, please remember to click on the ''''YES''''

"Dinesh" wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me how to hide formulas on a worksheet that is used by
several users to update.

Gord Dibben

Formulas

What ever method of security you choose just be aware that Excel's internal
security is very weak and easily overcome.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP