-   -   Counting dates including the beginning date. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/194430-counting-dates-including-beginning-date.html)

chapy354

Counting dates including the beginning date.

I am trying to set up a formula to count days from start date to end date
including the start day. I have a total of 30 date sets that I need to track
and total. I have used =SUM(B3-A3)+1 and it accomplishes the task, but it
also adds 1 for every set regardless of the presence of dates in the cells. I
need it to only add what has been entered. Any help is greatly appreciated.

T. Valko

Counting dates including the beginning date.

Try this:

=(COUNT(A3:B3)=2)*(B3-A3+1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"chapy354" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a formula to count days from start date to end date
including the start day. I have a total of 30 date sets that I need to
track
and total. I have used =SUM(B3-A3)+1 and it accomplishes the task, but it
also adds 1 for every set regardless of the presence of dates in the
cells. I
need it to only add what has been entered. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_882_]

Counting dates including the beginning date.

You don't need the SUM function to subtract two cell values SUM(B3-A3) is
the same as B3-A3.

As for you +1 problem, try this...

=IF(AND(A3<"",B3<""),B3-A3,"")

Rick