-   -   List or colour Cells of results (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/194331-list-colour-cells-results.html)

Jamie

List or colour Cells of results

Excel 2007

=If(VLOOKUP(B3,$A$2:$A$10,1,FALSE),COUNTIF($A$2:$A $13,B2),"")

The above formula is looking at a figure in a selected cell then looks in
the selected array to match that figure and then count how many occurences if
any.

What I would also like to have is a formula to tell me in what cells the
matches are or highlight the cells of the matches. Is this possible or am I
being overambitious?

--
Jamie

Jamie

List or colour Cells of results

--
Jamie

"Jamie" wrote:

Excel 2007

=If(VLOOKUP(B3,$A$2:$A$10,1,FALSE),COUNTIF($A$2:$A $13,B2),"")

The above formula is looking at a figure in a selected cell then looks in
the selected array to match that figure and then count how many occurences if
any.

What I would also like to have is a formula to tell me in what cells the
matches are or highlight the cells of the matches. Is this possible or am I
being overambitious?

--
Jamie

I have found a previous posting for showing what cells the corresponding
figure is in but would still like to know if i can get the cell that figure
is in to colour fill also.

Jamie