-   -   How do I lock the formatting of my worksheet but still add text? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/193908-how-do-i-lock-formatting-my-worksheet-but-still-add-text.html)

Y2Kate

How do I lock the formatting of my worksheet but still add text?

I am trying to format my worksheet so that additional lines/columns cannot be
added and cells cannot be merged. This is a sheet that is being distributed
to other users for them to add relevant information. I need to be able to
lock the formatting but NOT the editting. Is this possilbe?

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

How do I lock the formatting of my worksheet but still add text?

Y2
All the cells on a sheet are locked by default. Unlock those cells in
which you want to allow editing. Then protect the sheet and choose the
options you wish. HTH Otto
"Y2Kate" wrote in message
I am trying to format my worksheet so that additional lines/columns cannot
be
added and cells cannot be merged. This is a sheet that is being
distributed
to other users for them to add relevant information. I need to be able to
lock the formatting but NOT the editting. Is this possilbe?

sajay[_2_]

How do I lock the formatting of my worksheet but still add text?

boss convert it to a pdf file and forget about it all!!
it is very tiresome and makes others impatient to see the file/sheets
protected.
The best way is converting to pdf unless you have a formula to work with
different values the users might key in!!
then use tools-protect (excel 2003) and specify the visibility details.