-   -   Calculating eligibility dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/193901-calculating-eligibility-dates.html)

PH@tic

Calculating eligibility dates

How do I write a multiple function that will answer the question:

What is the first quarter following the employee's one-year anniversary?
Quarters being: January 1, April 1, July 1, October 1

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Calculating eligibility dates

=DATE(YEAR(DoH),INT((MONTH(DoH)+2)/3)*3+1,1)

and format as mmm d

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"PH@tic" wrote in message
How do I write a multiple function that will answer the question:

What is the first quarter following the employee's one-year anniversary?
Quarters being: January 1, April 1, July 1, October 1

PH@tic[_2_]

Calculating eligibility dates

The suggestion doesn't seem to work. I presum the DoH is Date of Hire?

I do have a column that lists the initial hire date. For one employee, the
cell is D3.

Can you suggest a change to the initial suggestion that would allow me to
refer to a cell?

Thanks.

Spiky

On Jul 7, 8:50 am, PH@tic wrote:
The suggestion doesn't seem to work. I presum the DoH is Date of Hire?

I do have a column that lists the initial hire date. For one employee, the
cell is D3.

Can you suggest a change to the initial suggestion that would allow me to
refer to a cell?

Thanks.

You just change DoH to D3. Then the formula can be copied down the
list of employees.

PH@tic[_2_]

Calculating eligibility dates

I ended up using what follows and it appears to work. Thanks for all the
help. Now I just need to understand WHY it works! I appreciate the resource.

=IF(ISBLANK(D2),"not yet",DATE(YEAR(D2)+1,INT((MONTH(D2)+2)/3)*3+1,1))