-   -   Calendar or date formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/193710-calendar-date-formulas.html)

Lady P

Calendar or date formulas

I have a date on one column, and would like the column next to it to
autmomatically calculate 6 months on, and auto fill with that date.
I'm sure there is a formula for it, but I can't find one, or I'm entering
the wrong question into the search.
Can anyone help here?
Many Thanks in Advance.
Sarah M.

Pete_UK

Calendar or date formulas

Six months is 182 days, so you could do it like this:

=A1+182

or like this:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1))

assuming the date is in A1. Format the cell as a date, and then copy
the formula down.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 4, 9:56*am, Lady P wrote:
I have a date on one column, and would like the column next to it to
autmomatically calculate 6 months on, and auto fill with that date.
I'm sure there is a formula for it, but I can't find one, or I'm entering
the wrong question into the search.
Can anyone help here?
Many Thanks in Advance.
Sarah M.

Nayab

Calendar or date formulas

On Jul 4, 1:56*pm, Lady P wrote:
I have a date on one column, and would like the column next to it to
autmomatically calculate 6 months on, and auto fill with that date.
I'm sure there is a formula for it, but I can't find one, or I'm entering
the wrong question into the search.
Can anyone help here?
Many Thanks in Advance.
Sarah M.