-   -   Stop text carries over (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/193707-stop-text-carries-over.html)

Godwin Chan

Stop text carries over

We all knows that long text will carries over to the next empty cell, but how
to stop it.

That is the long text in cell A1 will not carries over to cell B1

dennis

Stop text carries over

You have 2 options, the text will wrap so your cell/row will become deeper or
you can shrink the text to fit in you existing cell width. These are in the
Format - Cells - Alignment options

"Godwin Chan" wrote:

We all knows that long text will carries over to the next empty cell, but how
to stop it.

That is the long text in cell A1 will not carries over to cell B1

Nayab

Stop text carries over

"Godwin Chan" wrote:
We all knows that long text will carries over to the next empty cell, but how
to stop it.

That is the long text in cell A1 will not carries over to cell B1- Hide quoted text -

hey you have one more option. Stop writin so long text... kidding!!

Godwin Chan

Stop text carries over

Actually the case I face is
Cell A1 Cell B1
Cell C1
F/F & EQUIPMENTS (Compu software) ( nothing in it) Site office

but the sheet shows
F/F & EQUIPMENTS (Compu (blank) Site
office

The remaining text in A1 "software)" cannot carries over .