-   -   Moving The Decimal Point Of Existing Entries (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/193560-moving-decimal-point-existing-entries.html)

The Demon

Moving The Decimal Point Of Existing Entries

Hi Everyone, hoping someone can help me with this.

I have a massive sheet full of numbers, however, they should have been
entered as values less than 1.

eg - Cell has an entry of "5" and it should be "0.05"

Is there anyway I can move the decimal place in the cells I want to?

Thanks for your help,

The Demon, Sunny Scotland

Pete_UK

Moving The Decimal Point Of Existing Entries

Enter 100 in a blank cell somewhere. Select that cell and click on
<copy. Then move your cursor and highlight the cells that you want to
change. Click on Edit | Paste Special | Values (check) | Divide
(check) | OK then <Esc. All the values will have been divided by 100
in the one operation. You can delete the 100 from the original cell.

Hope this helps.

Pete