-   -   count the occurance of a particular month in a column of dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/193541-count-occurance-particular-month-column-dates.html)

Ray Sr

count the occurance of a particular month in a column of dates

I'm having no luck getting a total count of the number of times a particular
month is present in a date column.

This is what I've been trying to get a count of the number of dates that
fall in the month of July, regardless of the year:

=COUNT(MONTH(I$1:I286),7)

Can anyone help me solve this little problem

yshridhar

count the occurance of a particular month in a column of dates

=Sumproduct(--(MONTH(I$1:I286)=7))
best wishes
Sreedhar

"Ray Sr" wrote:

I'm having no luck getting a total count of the number of times a particular
month is present in a date column.

This is what I've been trying to get a count of the number of dates that
fall in the month of July, regardless of the year:

=COUNT(MONTH(I$1:I286),7)

Can anyone help me solve this little problem

Ray Sr[_2_]

count the occurance of a particular month in a column of dates

That worked fine, but I have column headings every 41 rows for printing
purposes which I think screwed things up a bit, so I used that formula to do
sub-totals before each new set of headings and it worked great! Thanks

"yshridhar" wrote:

=Sumproduct(--(MONTH(I$1:I286)=7))
best wishes
Sreedhar