-   -   Using v-lookup with multiple identifiers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/193223-using-v-lookup-multiple-identifiers.html)

cartmr

Using v-lookup with multiple identifiers

I am trying to get results from a vlookup table but I have multiple
identifiers with the different results.

E.g.

EMPX Amount
003359 $1,288.74
003359 $545.23
003359 $214.77
004200 $197.87

How can I get the v-lookup to return one results for each EmPX? I am trying
to reconcile 2 seperate spreadsheets

Pete_UK

Using v-lookup with multiple identifiers

Suppose your table occupies A1:B5, with headers in row 1. Suppose you
enter the EMPX value in D2 that you want the total amount for. Then in
E2 you can use this formula rather than VLOOKUP:

=SUMIF(A2:A5,D2,B2:B5)

Is this what you wanted?

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 1, 12:01*am, cartmr wrote:
I am trying to get results from a vlookup table but I have multiple
identifiers with the different results.

E.g.

EMPX * * Amount
003359 * $1,288.74
003359 * $545.23
003359 * $214.77
004200 * $197.87

How can I get the v-lookup to return one results for each EmPX? *I am trying
to reconcile 2 seperate spreadsheets

ShaneDevenshire

Using v-lookup with multiple identifiers

Hi,

Which result do you want to return from your example if the identifier is
003359?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire