-   -   Count help please (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/192950-count-help-please.html)

LiveUser

Count help please

This is what I have:

=COUNT(Candace!F3:F590,"<A3")

What I need is for cell B3 to count the total number of a certain date (A3).

To do this, the Date on the Candace! sheet must match the date in A3.

(And) But, I also need it to only count if column C on Candace! is "Inbound"

Thank you.

PCLIVE

Count help please

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Candace!F3:F590=A3),--(Candace!C3:C590="Inbound"))

Note - Your formula was counting everything that did not match the date in
A3. I'm assuming you want to count every "Inbound" call indicated by column
C that matches a specific date (A3) in column F of Sheet Candace.

Does that help?
Paul

--

"LiveUser" wrote in message
This is what I have:

=COUNT(Candace!F3:F590,"<A3")

What I need is for cell B3 to count the total number of a certain date
(A3).

To do this, the Date on the Candace! sheet must match the date in A3.

(And) But, I also need it to only count if column C on Candace! is
"Inbound"

Thank you.

Per Jessen

Count help please

Hi

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((Candace!F3:F590 <A3)*1,(Candace!C3:C590="Inbound")*1)

Regards,
Per

"LiveUser" skrev i meddelelsen
This is what I have:

=COUNT(Candace!F3:F590,"<A3")

What I need is for cell B3 to count the total number of a certain date
(A3).

To do this, the Date on the Candace! sheet must match the date in A3.

(And) But, I also need it to only count if column C on Candace! is
"Inbound"

Thank you.

LiveUser

Count help please

For some reason it is returning zero even though I have 4...

"LiveUser" wrote in message
This is what I have:

=COUNT(Candace!F3:F590,"<A3")

What I need is for cell B3 to count the total number of a certain date
(A3).

To do this, the Date on the Candace! sheet must match the date in A3.

(And) But, I also need it to only count if column C on Candace! is
"Inbound"

Thank you.

PCLIVE

Count help please

Are the values in column F actually Dates? Try formatting one of the cells
in column F to General. If the date in that cell were to be 6/27/2008, then
the when changed to General, it should be displayed as 39626. If that
doesn't change when you change to General, then the values are not actual
dates.

You might try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Candace!F3:F590*1=A3),--(Candace!C3:C590="Inbound"))

Another possibility is that there may be either leading or trailing spaces
in column C. Example " Inbound" or "Inbound ".

HTH,
Paul

--

"LiveUser" wrote in message
This is what I have:

=COUNT(Candace!F3:F590,"<A3")

What I need is for cell B3 to count the total number of a certain date
(A3).

To do this, the Date on the Candace! sheet must match the date in A3.

(And) But, I also need it to only count if column C on Candace! is
"Inbound"

Thank you.

LiveUser

Count help please

It works. I had some issue with some code I had in the worksheet. Thank you!