-   -   problem with auto update of date and time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/192695-problem-auto-update-date-time.html)

Saran

problem with auto update of date and time

Our office has got around 50 pcs connected to each other thro intranet. As an
administrator, I have incorporated auto update function for date and time (to
have a record of last saved details) for all excel sheets..File Modification
rights is given to all users.

The problem is :
a) The auto update functions works satisfactorily for a few user login
but is not working in a few.
b) The file gets saved, but date and time is not getting updated.

Gord Dibben

problem with auto update of date and time

How have you implemented this auto update function?

Through VBA code? Where does the code reside?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP