-   -   Simple Math (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/192593-simple-math.html)

acss

Simple Math

This is probably the most simplest question;;

I have an amount in e4 and i need that amount subtracted by 50 percent for
the results to be in f4.Can someone assist please?

Mike H

Simple Math

Hmmm

In f4 try

=E4*0.5

Mike

"acss" wrote:

This is probably the most simplest question;;

I have an amount in e4 and i need that amount subtracted by 50 percent for
the results to be in f4.Can someone assist please?

Pete_UK

Simple Math

Another way:

=E4 / 2

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 25, 5:12*pm, acss wrote:
This is probably the most simplest question;;

I have an amount in e4 and i need that amount subtracted by 50 percent for
the results to be in f4.Can someone assist please?

acss

Simple Math

Ok that works well but curious as to the decimel usage since how do you work
it if 45 percent or 55 percent?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hmmm

In f4 try

=E4*0.5

Mike

"acss" wrote:

This is probably the most simplest question;;

I have an amount in e4 and i need that amount subtracted by 50 percent for
the results to be in f4.Can someone assist please?

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_756_]

Simple Math

Try this (for 45%)...

=E4-0.45*E4

Of course, that simplifies to =0.55*E4, but I wanted you do see the
subtraction.

Rick

"acss" wrote in message
Ok that works well but curious as to the decimel usage since how do you
work
it if 45 percent or 55 percent?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hmmm

In f4 try

=E4*0.5

Mike

"acss" wrote:

This is probably the most simplest question;;

I have an amount in e4 and i need that amount subtracted by 50 percent
for
the results to be in f4.Can someone assist please?

Mike H

Simple Math

Hi,

I think a book on basic maths would prove useful

55% multiply by 0.55
45% multiply by 0.45

Mike

"Mike H" wrote:

Hmmm

In f4 try

=E4*0.5

Mike

"acss" wrote:

This is probably the most simplest question;;

I have an amount in e4 and i need that amount subtracted by 50 percent for
the results to be in f4.Can someone assist please?

Harlan Grove[_2_]

Simple Math

acss wrote...
Ok that works well but curious as to the decimel usage since how do
you work it if 45 percent or 55 percent?

=E4*0.55 or =E4*(1-0.45) to reduce by 45%

=E4*0.45 or =E4*(1-0.55) to reduce by 55%

Or you could write these as

=E4*55% or =E4*(100%-45%) to reduce by 45%

=E4*45% or =E4*(100%-55%) to reduce by 55%

This is basic arithmetic.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Simple Math

As you say, simple math, but if you want Excel to do the job for you, try
=E4*(1-45%) or =E4*(1-55%)
--
David Biddulph

"acss" wrote in message
Ok that works well but curious as to the decimel usage since how do you
work
it if 45 percent or 55 percent?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hmmm

In f4 try

=E4*0.5

Mike

"acss" wrote:

This is probably the most simplest question;;

I have an amount in e4 and i need that amount subtracted by 50 percent
for
the results to be in f4.Can someone assist please?

Sandy Mann

Simple Math

"Harlan Grove" wrote ....
This is basic arithmetic.

When I was at school English and Maths were my three worst subjects <g

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_758_]

Simple Math

When I was at school English and Maths were my three worst subjects <g

LOL

Rick