Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Concatenate a Formula

I have dozens of tabs in my file with a "topsheet" that has every tab name on
a separate row. I am trying to build a formula that pulls the contents of
cell V$25 and references the name of the tab from a column over. When I copy
the formula down, the tab name will change and it will pull the contents from
the next sheet. The concatenation looks OK, but I can't get Excel to
recognize it as a formula, I get the text of the formula, rather than the
value.
A B
Water1 ="trim('"&A1&"'!V$25)" displays proper formula without
equal sign
Water2 ="=trim('"&A2&"'!V$25)" equal sign appears no cell value
Water3 "=trim('"&A3&"'!V$25)" equal sign appears no cell value

And to be clear, I have included the single quotes on either side of the tab
name and the cell is formated as general. There must be some trick I am
missing. Thanks for any help you can give me.
--
Michael Conroy
Stamford, CT