-   -   How to Compare between cells and choose smallest value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/192203-how-compare-between-cells-choose-smallest-value.html)

Smallest value cell change color

How to Compare between cells and choose smallest value

If I have four cells, and I want the one with the smallest value change
color automatically.

Mike H

How to Compare between cells and choose smallest value

Hi,

Select you 4 cells - in my case A1 - A4 then

Format|Conditional format
Formula is
=A1=MIN($A$1:$A$4)

Pick a colour and click OK

Mike

"Smallest value cell change color" wrote:

If I have four cells, and I want the one with the smallest value change
color automatically.

Dave Peterson

How to Compare between cells and choose smallest value

You can:
Select the range (say A1:B2)
format|conditional formatting (xl2003 menus)
formula is:
=a1=min($a$1:$b$2)

and give it a nice format.

--

Dave Peterson

T. Valko

How to Compare between cells and choose smallest value

Assume the range of cells is A1:D1

Select the range A1:D1
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is:

=AND(A1<"",A1=MIN($A$1:$D$1))

Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Smallest value cell change color" <Smallest value cell change
wrote in message
If I have four cells, and I want the one with the smallest value change
color automatically.

jerminski73

How to Compare between cells and choose smallest value

I would like to do this same function only I want to grab the three lowest
values. Any ideas?

"Smallest value cell change color" wrote:

If I have four cells, and I want the one with the smallest value change
color automatically.

T. Valko

How to Compare between cells and choose smallest value

1..22....15....29...30

=SMALL(A$1:D$1,ROWS(A$1:A1))

Copy down a total of 3 cells.

Note that if there aren't at least N numbers in the range you'll get errors.

This formula makes sure there are enough numbers:

=IF(COUNT(A$1:D$1)=ROWS(A$1:A1),SMALL(A$1:D$1,ROW S(A$1:A1)),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP