-   -   How do I make DATE non-volatile? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/192137-how-do-i-make-date-non-volatile.html)

MichaelRobert

How do I make DATE non-volatile?

I want to insert today's date into a worksheet record, but having inserted
it, I want it to remain at that date - the date of the creation of that
record.

Regardless of whether I use TODAY or "CTRL+;" I seem to end up with a
volatile date. How can I freeze the date? Make it non -volatile?

Many thanks.

Mike

Gary''s Student

How do I make DATE non-volatile?

"CTRL+;" should be non-volatile
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200793

"MichaelRobert" wrote:

I want to insert today's date into a worksheet record, but having inserted
it, I want it to remain at that date - the date of the creation of that
record.

Regardless of whether I use TODAY or "CTRL+;" I seem to end up with a
volatile date. How can I freeze the date? Make it non -volatile?

Many thanks.

Mike

MichaelRobert

How do I make DATE non-volatile?

Thanks for the speedy reply. I thought that I had tried that and the date
changed on me, but I am probably wrong :-) I'll try it. Thanks again.

Mike

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

"CTRL+;" should be non-volatile
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200793

"MichaelRobert" wrote:

I want to insert today's date into a worksheet record, but having inserted
it, I want it to remain at that date - the date of the creation of that
record.

Regardless of whether I use TODAY or "CTRL+;" I seem to end up with a
volatile date. How can I freeze the date? Make it non -volatile?

Many thanks.

Mike

Bob Phillips

How do I make DATE non-volatile?

It's non-volatile for me.

--
HTH

Bob

"MichaelRobert" wrote in message
Thanks for the speedy reply. I thought that I had tried that and the date
changed on me, but I am probably wrong :-) I'll try it. Thanks again.

Mike

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

"CTRL+;" should be non-volatile
--